Sunday, September 2, 2012

all things go

Chicago, you will always have a special place in my heart. 


When Milo Greene covered Sufjan Stevens's 'Chicago' during their Lollapalooza set this year (above), I nearly exploded with joy. After all, 'Come on Feel the Illinoise' was released mere weeks before I decided to move to Chicago, nearly seven (seven!!!) years ago. My love affair with this song was so profound, it may have actually been the deciding factor :)

As of Friday, we are completely moved out of our Chicago apartment and we are now living with my sister in Oak Park for our last few days in Illinois. Even though we can still see our beloved skyline from here, we are - officially - no longer Chicagoans.

BUT, in only a few more days, we will be Californians! San Francisco, I am so very excited to meet you!

Now, we just need to figure out how we are going to get there...

As my college roommate always used to say, 'IT'S GO TIME!'


1 comment: