Monday, December 3, 2012

peonies

On Sunday, we had plans to get lunch with one of my oldest and dearest friends who just happens to be living in the Bay Area this year. Unfortunately, she and her husband couldn't make it up to the city due to flash flooding. (I told you we were getting a lot of rain!) Apparently, Saturday night's downpour left thousands in the area without power, and shut down the entire BART (public transit) system for the weekend.

Then miraculously, the rain finally ceased and a beautiful sunny day emerged. Since Dave and I were already in pajama mode, we decided to stay home and enjoy the weather by opening all the windows and letting the sun pour in.

Inspired by the warm afternoon light, I spent the latter half of the day photographing a few stems of peonies that were in perfect bloom (except for the stubborn one). By they way, since when are peonies available in December? I don't know, but considering they are one of my favorite flowers, I'll take it.

Once the sun set (so early these days!), Dave and I settled in, cooked dinner, and then Margot joined us on the couch for a mini Freaks and Geeks marathon.

It was the loveliest kind of Sunday, if you ask me.



p.s. A huge thank you to my talented husband for making my blog look pretty. How do you know me so well? :)

9 comments:

  1. Those peonies are breathtaking.... Took your advice on the snack! Can I just say that I have never had something so scrumptious!!! It was brilliant!!! Thank you!

    xoxo
    Liesl

    woodsy-soiree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favorite flowers. Just gorgeous!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty pictures and pretty blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so happy for flowers :) they brighten my day. especially when they're from the hubs.

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, totally! Somehow, flowers are even prettier when they come from the one you love :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are my favorite kind of flowers! So pretty, you have a great eye too! And lucky you that your hubby can do blog design stuff, mine doesn't know the first thing about it =P

    xo Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And to be fair, my husband is a web designer. If he couldn't do any blog design stuff, I'd be worried :)

      Delete